RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
2015 Tahoe - 6L80E to 8L90E conversion
Post 2015 Tahoe - 6L80E to 8L90E conversion 
Title says it all. My 2015 Tahoe with a 6L80E has started experiencing an occasional light throttle shudder. This could be the torque converter according to some forums, could be a poorly made driveshaft according to others, could be broken parts inside the transmission according to Sonnax. For now I plan to keep an eye on it, but if it gets worse I'll have to do something about it. Should it require a new transmission, I'd like to get an idea of what it would take to put the 8 speed in, since in 2015 GM put both in depending on options. Would this require a segment change and harness along with the trans, or would I be looking at more than this? If I have to to replace the transmission, might as well make the swap but I won't be doing it just to do it.

When it warms up I'll be pulling the driveshaft to get it balanced, if for no other reason than to eliminate it as a problem. I know GM has had a problem figuring out how to get the yoke welded squarely onto the shaft for years as my 96 Tahoe had to have the yoke installed correctly.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1