RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
95 GMC
I will need the sheets for a 2000 Chevy 3/4 pickup so I can install the 411 pcm in this truck like I have in my 97 !/2 ton. It has a 454 in it that needs repaired,
I have the 454 out of the 1 ton, sitting on its stand, that as far as I got with it. I removed the front differential. I will have to do some measuring with my 97 to see if this will fit. The diff out of the 1 ton already has 4 10 gears, so if it does fit, I will just have to rebearing it and install a new seal. Then the rear diff will have to get a new set of gears. At another time. I have to get the other truck home. I plan on stripping off the 1 ton rearend and putting it under the other truck. along with the 1 ton pieces for the front end.
Right now I have to remove the fan and heater assembly and see if some of the parts will work on my heater box, since some pieces fell off and I no longer have control of the vents.

Last edited by Chevy 97 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:58 pm; edited 3 times in total

L19 454

Last edited by Chevy 97 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

That's a beast!

They sure are, now I just need to get to Brooks to get the other truck here so I can rip out that engine.
This one is a Gen 5.
The other truck is a Gen 6 Vortec

It is unfortunate that things take a bit longer now for me to get things done. I had to quit work, because of the scar tissue in my abdomen hurting too much, also scar tissue from a spot on my abdomen where I had surgery before. I also have other things I am doing too. Most of the time I am resting, and taking care of our goats, cats and dog. This is stuff I love to do, tinker on trucks. Like I mentioned before, my plan is to take all the one ton pieces off and put onto the 3/4 ton making it into a crew cab short box dually. It is too bad this truck did not have an automatic. Everything is set up for a manual transmission.

Man, I'd love to have a manual one ton like that! My old Dodge 3500 was a six speed manual, and I loved it. Don't throw away any parts on that manual setup!

In the process of removing the whole dash. Trying not to break anything. I will have to you tube, on how to get the wiring harness off without cutting anything.

The connectors may be bolted to the firewall in some places, so be ready for that. Also, there should be enough room to fold the dash back and get to some of the tougher ones.

Jakentour had some pictures in his build thread of the dash removal for his project, similar to yours:

https://www.pacificp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11471&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

and here is the link to his photobucket pictures of the project:

https://s1081.photobucket.com/user/Jakenator1/library/Tahoe?page=1

The connectors may be bolted to the firewall in some places, so be ready for that. Also, there should be enough room to fold the dash back and get to some of the tougher ones.

Jakentour had some pictures in his build thread of the dash removal for his project, similar to yours:

https://www.pacificp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11471&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

and here is the link to his photobucket pictures of the project:

https://s1081.photobucket.com/user/Jakenator1/library/Tahoe?page=1

Thanks

I removed the steering column for now. I plan on pulling out the whole dash. I am removing the heater box. I need some of those parts for my truck. I notice some of it is different.

[IMG]https://i1266
.photobucket.com/albums/jj539/Chevy971/95%20GMC/20191206_105144a_zpsddlcq0xg.jpg[/IMG]

I have the dash apart and the heater box out. I just have to put the steering column back in so I can pull the truck back outside. Then I need to get my heater vents working properly.

I removed the wiring harness that was in the engine bay. Real easy with the fenders out of the way. Removed the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder. put the steering column back on. I boxed up some of the parts I am saving, some go to the dump. This truck has a different a/c system than mine. I did save the compressor, plugged off the holes. I just need to get the truck out for now, so I can change the hood and work on the heater box on my 97.

While you have that HVAC box out, this would be a good time to proactively replace the heater core, AC evaporator, door actuators and seals. When you reinstall, add a ground wire to the heater core and AC evaporator to prevent galvanic corrosion, which can cause pinholes to develop, especially if you live in a saltwater environment.

While you have that HVAC box out, this would be a good time to proactively replace the heater core, AC evaporator, door actuators and seals. When you reinstall, add a ground wire to the heater core and AC evaporator to prevent galvanic corrosion, which can cause pinholes to develop, especially if you live in a saltwater environment.

This is a parts truck. nothing is going back onto it. I need to fix the havc box on my 97 half ton, If I have to remove that one, I will for sure replace the heater core and stuff. I still have to go get the 2000 3/4 ton at Brooks yet. Weather is not nice on the days I would like to go. It would also be nice if I owned a trailer that I need to haul this truck home on. It is so much easier to access everything with the engine out and the fenders off. I had to cut the evaporator off on this unit. the line would not come loose and the wrench started to slip on the aluminum. I cut it.

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2