RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Android 4.2 7" 2 Din Car DVD Player for GMC Yukon/Tahoe

I have LTE and have seen up to 38Mbps download.

It's faster than my home internet!

LTE is freakin awsome.

Last edited by CrazyHoe on Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
This whole thing started with me wanting to replicate the Tesla's IPad style infotainement system.

I think these radios are a cool upgrade short of installing a car pc or a Galaxy Note.

I saw a video on YouTube where they put a nexus in the dash. It was pretty cool but all the hardware and apps to make it work right looked like a pain. Besides for the money a tablet costs you can get one of these radios and I do think there are some benefits to them. I also like that they aren't 100% touch screen, seems like it'd be less distracting while driving.

Ben those links you posted earlier I still didn't see a OE style class 2 compatible radio they all looked like they where CAN. Did you see one that was specific to the 03-07 silverado?

http://www.amazon.com/PUMPKIN-Universal-Bluetooth-Capacitive-Navigation/dp/B00MIBMLZ6/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1415832342&sr=8-14&keywords=android+double+din

Think Im gonna pull the trigger on this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/311022669583?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT I like the way it looks and paint the chrome knob black itll look almost factory.

I didn't know these existed. http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Bluetooth_Adapters

Pretty cool that you can use them with these receivers.

Well I bought it. Hopefully everything gets here before thanksgiving and I can get it installed over the break. Ill post back and let ya know how I like it.

Quote:
An early adopter or Lighthouse Customer is an early customer of a given company, product, or technology; in politics, fashion, art, and other fields, this person would be referred to as a trendsetter. The term originates from Everett M. Rogers' Diffusion of Innovations (1962).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_adopter

Yeah Im just hoping this chinese purchase isnt one Ill regret

I will install it tonight. I got the adapter harness made and the mounting bracket made. These things not being a standard double din make them a PITA. I powered it up and played with it for a bit last night and so far I like what it does.

These things not being a standard double din make them a PITA.

You mean the truck?

The chinese radios are slightly bigger than standard sizes so I had to trim the mounting plate slighly. I knew this from my research going into it, really wasnt a big deal just took some finese. My biggest gripe with it so far is the Ipod cable plugs in and covers the antenna. I was able to get them both in there but again was tricky. If the stupid cabe plug was rotated 90* or the cable was straight rather than angled itd been a snap.

Looks sweet. I like that they have actual control knobs.

Yeah I do to they are needed for less distracted driving, as if having a tablet wasnt bad enough lol. I liked the looks of this one alot better than some of the others, plus it had a full size USB port. I wish it had a remote with it tho. Cant wait till the american audio makers pull thier heads out and start making these, then again theyll want triple the price

Can't get the iPod to work. It finds it and recognizes it bit its not finding any media. I did get it to work once but don't know how I did it, most of the time the app will crash. Also can't get the USB to work to tether or find media on my phone, probably user error. This thing has so many bells and whistles on it I'm still trying to get used to it.

I have a Samsung S3 but could never get a friend's ipod to tether to the internet yet, someone else with HTC can...

Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next